Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hiking the Blue Hill Trail

What a beautiful sunny day today. The perfect day for hiking at the refuge with my son. As we started off we spotted a bird sitting on a sign along the trail. Seemed like the bird was there to greet us and welcome us to his world. What type of bird? I opted to take my camera with instead of my binoculars on the hike, so a small brown bird is the best I can do. Throughout the hike we could hear the happy sounds of birds darting among the trees as we approached, heard the rustling of the remaining oak leaves in the breeze, and the sloshing of the wet snow under our feet as we walked. As we hiked I was reminded how beautiful the refuge is and how it is constantly changing. Whenever I go for an adventure there I come away feeling more at peace. Today was no different. I'm looking forward to my next visit already.
One more thought from today...
When hiking with a 5 year old, quite a bit of the sound comes from all the interesting thoughts going through his head. As soon as we started hiking he saw the sign that reads "Please have your pet on a leash". He suggested that since we have leashes for our cats that we should bring them out hiking next time. Hmmm. No thanks.

Bethany

here are a few photos from today...





No comments: